Sunday, April 4, 2010

Off to Cal - ee - for - nye - A !!

Last month I thankfull started a new PA job! Hooray!! I am blessed to be back in a kind and fun-filled work environment, using the skills God has given me to serve people. (not to mention - pay all those bills too!) My supervising MD was taking a week off for spring break and graciously extended the time to me as well. So Kaleb and I took a much needed mom-son bonding trip to my homeland of CA. We had a WONDERFUL time seeing family and friends. I could tell Kaleb LOVED every minute of it. He got to meet some very special people and play in the home that I grew up in...crawling along the same floor that I did 34 years ago! He got to play in my aunt and uncle's beautiful home and garden (fit for a magazine) and most importantly - he met my grandfather Bill 'Popo' - his great grandfather. What a blessing it was to take this trip.
Here is my mother, grandfather (her father) and I standing in my parent's beautiful backyard where I grew up.
Kaleb with 'Popo' - they enjoyed each other a lot. Popo just turned 90!! He gave Kaleb a little black car which he loved.
Kaleb spent the afternoon in Pleasanton with Great Aunt Judy and Uncle Ned. Their backyard is recently re-planted and paved and every inch is absolutely gorgeous. Kaleb especially loved crawling along the brick and grass, playing in the fountain, eating the tulips and playing with Aunt Judy's skirt!

We had an awesome lunch in the sunshine where Kaleb ate his first (of many) decorated holiday sugar cookies which are a tradition in my family. He LOVED them and ate TWO while we weren't paying attention! oops!












Kaleb also got to meet our good friend Baby Billy - who has parents that I grew up with. He ate his first In-N-Out burger (sort of) and played at my parent's house till he was exhausted. We had great weather and enjoyed our time so much. Thanks everyone for helping to make our trip so much fun!

No comments: